Piha R&R through the Waitakere Ranges Local Board were promised, following public submissions in 2014, that Auckland Transport would eliminate the express bus service between New Lynn and the City, with the saving used to provide a shuttle bus service between Piha and Henderson Railway Station. The express service was eliminated then……. !!??
Below in an invitation to make your comments at Glen Eden Library this Saturday, 5th December.
Points to raise:
- Piha ratepayers pay for a bus service in their rates but none is provided.
- We have been promised a shuttle bus service, (as above.)
- Buses should be smaller in size to suit the Piha Road.
- Residents who are below driving age or unable to drive have no transport options.
- See original 2014 Submission to AT HERE
THE INVITE: Do you have any questions or comments about public transport in the Waitakere Ranges area? Auckland Transport is holding a public transport drop in session on Saturday 5 December from 10am to 1pm at the Glen Eden Library. Just turn up any time and members of AT’s public transport team will be there to answer your questions and take your feedback.
What: Public transport drop in session held by Auckland Transport
When: Saturday 5 December, 10am to 1pm
Where: Glen Eden Library, 12-32 Glendale Rd, Glen Eden