Here’s how to do it
- Head to AKhaveyoursay.nz and click into the Annual Budget 2019/2020 consultation, or pick up a consultation document from a library, service centre or local board office and turn to pages 16 and 17.
- Once you start the survey, either online or in hard copy (known as the feedback form) the relevant section is question one. That’s the section relating to rates, which includes the proposed changes to the pump out service.
- In the box headed ‘please tell us what you think about some or all of these changes’, enter the following information:
- That you pay the targeted rate
- The address of the property that receives the pumpout service
- Whether you want to keep the rate or want to remove the rate.
- You can then continue and answer the other questions as part of the consultation (either online or in hard copy) if you wish, but it is important that you include your contact details in the appropriate place (either on the last page of the hard copy form or on the online page before submitting) to be counted as feedback.